by Jack Le Moine
- The Alt-Right White Supremacists are evil.
- The Alt-Right is not The Right which means it is not Conservative.
- The Left-Wing rioters are not innocent. They deserve blame, too.
- They are in public; people cannot avoid seeing them.
- They honor Confederates who served in a bad cause.
These two points place them in a completely different category than:
These serve to educate, not to honor.
When removing historical objects, this is where to draw the line on Confederates: things that educate yes; honor no.
- They should not to have had slaves. That was evil.
- They are honored for the things they did that did other owning slaves.
- Confederate leaders are honored for their Civil War records – service in an evil cause.
- He should have condemned the alt-right extremists more than he did.
- Anti-Trump outrage would have been more convincing had his opponents in the media and elsewhere not been so over-the-top on previously condemning everything he said and did.
- There was a lack of coordinated Administration messaging to this event.
- Need to distinguish between genuine hate groups and innocent conservative groups.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center has a spotty reconrd on doing this.
Here’s video by a reporter who embedded himself in the group.