This quarter’s changes has been mostly behind the scenes.
- Basic History Library. Sounds easy to produce a bunch of links to online books, however a lot of care and thought went into the list.
- E-mail updates for new readers and for old. The system will help us keep us in touch with our readers.
- Social Media outreach. We’re on the big ones: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and PinInterest. (Please like us on Facebook.)
- Animation has come to the blog. Don’t expect too much of this though as our design philosophy is to keep things easy loading and easy reading. Gotta love those swinging picture, though!
- New cover picture. These will switch out periodically.
- Links to The Basic History Library has been added in the Header and in the Footer Bars.
- The footer’s Log-In is still not too clear. Need to do something about that.
Financing: To build a stable platform, we’re looking at three income streams.
- Donations: We’ve set up a secure mechanism for doing this. Visit our page!
- Affiliate Marketing: We’re an Amazon affiliate. This works when there is good books that can really benefit our readers. The Herodotus book is our big example. Other books we recommend are in our redesigned Amazon Bookstore.
- Online Courses: These are future projects but a course that will be done right.
Content: Our original content has frankly suffered these last two quarters as we have ramped up the organizational side of the blog. To put it simply, we’ve been giving priority to publisher functions as opposed to writer functions. Our heart is in writing about history, so we’ve hope to get to a place where enough systems are in place and running efficiently so that we can switch our time to doing what we most love.
Thanks for reading!